Barcelona, Catalunya [Cataluña], SpainIT
Tree-Nation is the largest reforestation platform that allows citizens and companies to plant trees all around the world and offset their CO2 emissions.
We use technology to make tree planting easy. Tree-Nation invented the virtual tree, the online forest, and many other software tools in order to provide a unique technological solution aimed at shortening the distance between remote projects and their sponsors, between people and companies that want to plant trees and don't know how to, and expert planters around the world who can take care of that.
Since our beginning in 2006, over 550,000 users and more than 15,000 companies have planted 30 million trees using our platform and we have successfully onboarded 50 reforestation projects all around the world.
Let's make a difference together!
Our team is composed from so many nationalities, cultures, backgrounds and experiences that it seems at first sight we are very different. And we sure are. Nonetheless we share a few things in common, things that are not defined by our nationality or background but by our sheer will power. A warrior spirit. A fire. The way we go through life.
We're constantly in search of individuals who embody the "Swiss knife" mentality – versatile and adaptable professionals who can seamlessly transition between various roles and tackle a wide range of challenges. Much like this iconic tool, we value team members who are creative problem solvers, resourceful, and possess a diverse skill set. (And no, this does not mean that being from Switzerland is a requirement 😀)
About this position:
As a Frontend Engineer at Tree-Nation, you will play a crucial role in building our core product. You will spend most of your time designing and developing responsive and user-friendly web interfaces using Vue.js, ensuring an exceptional user experience and seamless integration with our backend systems. We are looking for a talented person who has true passion for our mission, who will work with us towards building a robust, reliable and scalable product. You’ll join a collaborative environment where we follow best practices to build the best code there is.
What you'll do:
- Develop and maintain frontend systems using Vue.js with a strong emphasis on performance, responsiveness, and user experience.
- Apply deep knowledge of software architecture and design principles to create user-friendly and efficient software systems.
- Work closely with UX/UI designers to implement visually appealing and user-friendly interfaces.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design and integrate frontend solutions that align with project requirements and objectives.
- Participate in sprint planning, backlog grooming, and daily meetings to ensure project progress and synchronize with the backend development.
- Write clean, efficient, and maintainable code while following coding standards and best practices, ensuring a seamless user interface.
What you'll bring:
- Proficiency in Vue3 development. Experience integrating with Laravel is a plus.
- Native/Outstanding English (Fluency in any other language is a plus)
- Web layout pixel perfect
- Collaborate with the backend team to ensure smooth integration between front-end and back-end systems.
- Knowledge of responsive web design and cross-browser compatibility.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field is preferred but not always required
- Deep passion for reforestation and fighting climate change
- Besides a strong sense of alignment with our values, and a hard-working oriented personality, our team displays a warrior spirit, a business oriented mindset, and a strong sense of self-motivation, driven by fighting climate change.
What we offer:
Competitive market salary according to experience with a clear path for consistent increases.
Free vegan lunch offered every day.
Flexible working hours and hybrid location. We have an “office first” mentality, and we understand work from home is necessary sometimes, so we assess every case individually.
Our unique offices are not just a place to work. They were built to be a lab for sustainability, to facilitate a lifestyle that reduces our ecological footprint on a daily basis. You will be submerged in nature and be inspired on a daily basis.
Memorable team-building activities.
At Tree-Nation, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible workplace for all employees by valuing all eligible candidates without any bias. Our motivation lies in witnessing the achievements and development of our team members that will bring us closer to achieving our mission. We strive to guarantee that each individual brings their utmost capabilities to the table.